The Research Project "NEW HERMENEUTICS FOR RENEWED DIALOGUES" organizes a conference on "Hermeneutics and Theology"
Leuven, May 13-15, 2014
May 13, 2014, 11 am – 1 pm, room MTC 00.59
Prof. Dr. Fernando Segovia, Vanderbilt University, John and the Church: Reading Scripture in Religious-Theological Dimension
- Attridge, Harold W. Study of the New Testament in the Pluralistic Context of the Twenty-First Century. Pp. 53-64 in Foster Biblical Scholarship: Essays in Honor of Kent Harold Richards. Edited by Frank Richel Ames and Charles William Miller. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2010.
- Schüssler Fiorenza, Elisabeth. A Republic of Many Voices: Biblical Studies in the Twenty-First Century. Pp. 137-59 in Foster Biblical Scholarship: Essays in Honor of Kent Harold Richards. Frank Richel Ames and Charles William Miller, eds. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2010.
- Segovia, Fernando F. “Cultural Criticism: Expanding the Scope of Biblical Criticism.” Pp. 307-37 in The Future of the Biblical Past. Edited by Roland Boer and Fernando F. Segovia. Semeia Studies. Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2012.
- Adam, A. K. M. et al. Reading Scripture with the Church: Towards a Hermeneutic for Theological Interpretation. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2006.
- de Wit, Hans. Empirical Hermeneutics, Interculturality, and Holy Scripture. Intercultural Biblical Hermeneutical Series. Elkhart: VU University Amsterdam and Institute of Mennonite Studies, 2012.
Prof. Dr. Adrian Lemeni, University of Bucharest, Reading the Gospel of John in the Orthodox Tradition: Systematic-theological and Hermeneutical Reflections
Wednesday Seminar and Academic Session
May 14, 2014, 10 am – 12 noon, Romero Room, COVE 02.10
Dr. Chaim Nathan Marx, Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies, Israel, "Reverse-Docetism: The Ascendance of Bodily Figures to Heaven in Rabbinic Literature
May 14, 2014, 3-5 pm, Romero Room, COVE 02.10
3 pm Prof. Dr. Fernando Segovia, Vanderbilt University, A Religious-Theological Reading of Scripture? Critical Problematic and Prophetic Vision
4 pm Dr. Chaim Nathan Marx, Schechter Institute, Polysemy or Dichotomy? The Controversy between the Academies of Hillel and Shammai as a Key to Understanding Rabbinic Hermeneutics
5 pm Book Presentation: Provoked to Speech: Biblical Hermeneutics as Conversation (Peeters, 2014)
May 15, 2014, 9-11 am, room MTC 00.08
Prof. Fernando Segovia, Vanderbilt, “Whither Hermeneutics?”
Presidential Address 2009, American Historical Association Online
-Alfred J. Lopez, “Introduction: The (Post)global South”
The Global South 1:1 (2007) 1-11
-Stephen Moore and Yvonne Sherwood
The Invention of the Biblical Scholar
Fortress Press, 2011